With more and more organizations moving to the cloud, the focus shifts from where to how fast. What this implies is the time to value rendered by IT operations.
Why does such a scenario arise, can be best explained by outlining the key challenges that lie ahead in front of every other business leader. To put it this way:
- Organizations want to go digital and at a pace faster than ever.
- They are bogged down by the need to move their applications to the cloud so that they can adopt a more secure and reliable form of architecture.
- Next, they are bound to cut down their operational cost. In short, optimize solutions to deliver better and quicker.
- Also, companies are racing to embrace innovation, benefitting from the DevOps ideology.
Now all of this resonates around applications, whether it is the consumer-based application or an in-house portal, enterprise application or business application. The key to innovation and growth lies within the applications hosted by an enterprise.
So, what needs to be done?
Well, a failsafe solution to this seems the adoption of a hybrid IT environment. One that can take into consideration all of the above, while assessing the needs, cutting down the gaps in siloed infrastructure and fostering the usage of cloud-based tools. In simple terms, organizations need to adopt a strategy where migration can be done in the best possible way and Microsoft Azure seems to be the ideal fit.
Why Microsoft Azure To Accelerate Time To Value?
True that there are enormous cloud-based providers that facilitate the adoption and migration of applications to the cloud. But of all the available choices, Microsoft Azure seems to be the optimal fit.
Earlier last year, Microsoft Azure launched its counterpart namely, Azure Stack. It is a hybrid cloud platform tailored to deliver Microsoft Azure services (computing, storage, networking, and analytics) either from the clients or their partner data center. While the conventional azure services are based on public cloud, Microsoft Azure stack emerges to be a link, bridging the gap between the public cloud and the private cloud. Meaning that organizations can benefit from both.
Offerings of Microsoft Azure Stack
It is not just the fact that Azure Stack is the link between the public and private, instead, the range of features offered by the same extend to few others as:
- Edge Computing: Using the Microsoft Azure Stack platform, organizations can enter into acts of local application processing and further, scale up the same at edge location for complex computations.
- Legacy Application Modernization: For organizations running on old school applications or legacy systems, the stack environment of Microsoft Azure gives the ease to modernize them without having the need to refactor the entire infrastructure.
- Deploy Hybrid Applications: Innovation is at hand with Microsoft Azure Stack Solution. As a matter of fact, it gives organizations and enterprises the ease to make use of the DevOps tools and methods along with Azure Services to use them and further, deploy the same based on the requirements of their business.
- Map Data Sovereignty Needs It a must for organizations to keep up with regulatory compliance and adhere to the data standard needs. With Microsoft Azure, you need not worry about the same as it lays a foundation that gels with all.
Migrating to a hybrid cloud model isn’t easy. It not only requires a great deal of money but also expertise, resources and security factors. It best to look out for a third-party provider and given the range of benefits offered by Microsoft Azure, it is the best fit.