Our client is one of the leading manufacturing industries based out of California, US. They indulge in manufacturing as well as shipping operations where the branches overseas look after the sales and have more than 23 thousand professionals working day and night to enhance and optimize their business processes. Working at such a massive scale, they have actively migrated to the cloud to store and organize data.
Creation and manufacturing of goods, feeding data for sales and initiating shipment, all of these require the transmission of data, to and fro from the organization. The data inputted travels from all of the departments and isn’t limited just to the user portal or the manufacturing desk.
Until now, the organization adopted a different database to store information from the individual fields. This implied that there were duplication of data and also that retrieving or accessing data took a considerable amount of time. In the wake of the existing and outdated technological infrastructure, business productivity suffered dramatically. Not to mention the fact that it lagged behind in the market competition, thanks to the technology gap.
Further, the request of information in the existing infrastructure mandated stuffing all the fields, even the ones that weren’t needed for the requested item. This in a way was a time-draining process and was prone to errors.
“Collaborating with Stridely solutions for our organization’s master data governance needs has been the best decision taken so far. Their team has been very supportive and helped us to transform our master data management without hampering everyday processes. The entire journey has been commendable and we look forward to many more arrangements such as these.”
Considering the above issues and challenges, it was pretty obvious that the organization was in sheer need of a unified database that could store all of the information and retrieval of the same would be easy.
In other words, the company sought to adopt modern software that would streamline the workflow, optimize operations and accelerate the process of master data management. And all of this under the single roof. Frustrated by the falling productivity, they reached out to us. Our experts spent the next few days studying the infrastructure and assessing the needs of the organization. It was then our team proposed the integration of SAP Master Data Governance solution to solve the issues and deal with the challenges faster and better.
SAP MDG is nothing but a centralized data management tailored for the validation, allocation, and maintenance of master data. The sole purpose of adopting the master data solution is to enhance the quality of master data along with the provision of legal observance.
Further, SAP MDG enables the Master Data to volume up to more than 1m records for every object which increases the organization’s experiences and internationalization. This fosters the management of master data as a single unit.
It is proven that irrelevant customer addresses or payment delays are some of the bottlenecks and having an accurate, as well as a reliable Master Data, would help set up the fundamentals and deal with intricacies of every business process. Additionally, inappropriate data leads to improper delivery and insignificant shipments of goods. This is definitely not acceptable as it exposes the business to extreme financial risk and can also be the reason for a total shutdown. All of this because of poor and inconsistent data. SAP MDG is the perfect solution here.
Maintaining the master database help organizations deal with the complexities and handle them both locally and globally. Also, SAP aided master data governance solution ensures that data processes are executed automatically and uniformly. Adopting forceful data governance functions allow organizations to maintain consistency across data by creating master data and even duplicating when needed.
- Companies to effectively control as well as coordinate with the complexities of the process of storing and building organization data.
- It entails the need of different people with diverse knowledge so that each can contribute to the creation of a database at the same time and in a way that ensures accuracy and the obtainability of relevant details.
- Comprises of a rule-based platform which is flexible enough to allow data authentication and extend the support to guarantee the quality of data when in the making process.
- Provide support for the removal of data that is redundant. Processes include duplicate identification of data and integration functions.
- Arrangement of the process of Data Maintenance at different levels of users, provide support so that the data created is consistent, accurate and complete in the creation.
- Improves the material reliability and also of the product Master Data at all levels of Business network.
Increasing data and rising competition, organizations have a lot in terms of optimizing business operations. Even though many have migrated to the cloud, adopted sophisticated tools and organized their data dealing process, there still lies room for error. This is where SAP MDG solutions rise to the throne. Designed to govern the master data life cycle, successful implementation aids:
- 53% enhancement in order entry
- Data efficiency increased by 20%
- 100% reduction in reviews of pre-entry data
Adopting the master data governance solution within the enterprise ensured the creation of a central database for asset recording and management. This would streamline the end to end business process and improve productivity.
- Eliminate shutdowns and increase productivity by asset management and maintenance.
- Lower the cost associated with manual data extraction.
- Efficient reporting system with the master database.
- Improved visibility of data across all departments within the enterprise with a one-size-that-fits-all solution.
- Single database for faster product entry and information.
- Enable consolidation for customer, supplier, and product databases on intuitive and flexible process with consumer-grade user experience.
Having said and done all of the above, the organization can further aim at automating their back end processes. Also, the other areas that still rely on the siloed data can be migrated to the SAP platform, ensuring quality and efficiency of the same. Also, new integration can be supported by switching data across SAP S/4 HANA, Ariba supplier & performance management solution, and Hybrid e-commerce solutions for better management of data.